This pizza dough recipe is simple and easy to make. It’s best made with 00′ Italian flour as it’s a much finer ground flour. You can get 00′ flour in some Dunnes Stores, Fallon & Byrne and Avoca. If you’re stuck you can use strong white flour but it will lack the smooth texture of the 00′.
What you’ll need: (makes 4 pizza bases)
- 400g 00′ flour
- 100g semolina
- 1 x 7g sachet of fast action yeast
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 325 mil warm water
- Mix the yeast, sugar and olive oil with the warm water and stir well to dissolve sugar. Sieve the flour, semolina and salt into a large bowl. Make a well in the middle and using a wooden spoon gradually add the water mix, bring the flour in from the sides. Keep mixing until it starts to come together.
- Turn out the dough onto a well floured surface. Dust your hands with some flour and knead until you have a smooth and bouncy ball.
- Remove any left over wet dough from the bowl, dust with some flour and return the dough. cover and leave in a warm place for one hour. The dough should have doubled in size.
- Carefully turn out the dough onto a floured surface and “knock it back”. This means kneading the dough to push out the air.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal balls. You can freeze or use straight away.
Share and enjoy!