This quick and easy salad is perfect for a snack or for a side dish. You could also use garden peas or some French beans here too and make it a purely bean salad without the rocket but I find the rocket adds more pepper and a variation in texture. This recipe make enough for two people but I’d happily have this bowl of freshness for my lunch all to myself.
What you’ll need: (serves 2)
- 145g sugar snap peas
- 100g edamame
- 1/4 cup of fresh coriander, chopped
- Rocket leaves, optional
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of fresh grated ginger
- 1 small clove of garlic grated
- a pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the edamame according to the packet instructions and rinse under cold water to cool.
- While the beans are cooking mix together the coriander, lemon juice, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, garlic and ginger. Give them a cook stir and set aside until the beans are ready.
- In a large bowl mix the sugar snaps, edamame and the rocket. Drizzle over the dressing. Taste and add salt and pepper if required.
Share and enjoy!