Sometimes I think recipes are just too simple to put up here on my blog but, the other day, when chatting with a colleague she told me that the really basic ones are the ones that she’s interested in. She has a daughter who’s vegan and she finds it difficult to prepare meals for her. So here goes, this is THE simplest recipe yet and it’s ideal for every taste as you can chop and change the ingredients to suit your own.
This savoury pancake is also gluten free and is perfect for a weekend brunch. It’s still really tasty the next day too so you can eat cold for lunch. To flavour this pancake I just used what I had in the kitchen; some red onion, garlic and some chilli flakes.
What You’ll Need: (makes 4 medium pancakes)
- One cup of gram flour (chickpea flour)
- One and a half cups of water
- Finely sliced red onion
- 1 clove of garlic grated
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Some oil for frying
- Simply mix the flour and water and give it a good whisk so that there are no lumps. Add your flavourings and mix well.
- Meanwhile heat a good bit of oil in a non stick frying pan over a medium heat. You’ll need a good bit of oil to get a nice crispy texture at the edges and it also helps with the sticking.
- Add the pancake mix to your pan. Cook for a couple of minutes on each side.
- Top with whatever you have to hand.
Share and enjoy!