Have you tried my recipe for Smokey Bean chilli yet? The recipe I’m about to share with you is very similar but without the smokey flavour of the smoked paprika. Still, you could always use the left overs from that dish to make these delicious quesadillas. Click here for that recipe.
A cool and refreshing guacamole is a must as an accompaniment for this meal. It’s a real crowd pleaser and kids love it.
What you’ll need: (serves 6)
- 1 x 400g can of Butter Beans or Cannellini Beans
- 1 x 400g can of Black Beans or Kidney Beans
- 2 x 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 large onion finely diced
- 3 cloves or garlic
- 1 red chilli finely diced
- 1 cup of frozen sweet corn
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 1 cinnamon stick ( or 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon)
- Sprinkling of dried chilli flakes
- Oil for cooking
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Wholemeal tortilla wraps
- Some Organic Violife Pizza cheese
- Heat some oil in a large pan over a medium head and add the onions. Cover with a lid and allow to sweat for about ten minutes or until the onions have become soft and translucent. Half way through the cooking grate in the garlic cloves and stir.
- Remove the lid and add in the spices and stir well to cook them. Then add the chopped fresh chilli and the red pepper and stir. Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes and stir well. Once again cover with the lid and leave to simmer for about 20mins.
- Drain and add the beans and the sweet corn and simmer on a low heat until the beans and corn are heated.
- Allow to cool a little before heating a large frying pan over a medium heat. Place one tortilla wrap on the pan and cover half the wrap with the chill. Grate over some pizza cheese and fold the other half of the wrap over. Cook for about 3 mins before turning over. Repeat this process.
- Serve with a large side of cooling guacamole.
Share and enjoy!