I’ve started back eating porridge for breakfast lately. It’s so delicious! At the weekend I give myself a little treat and I have my porridge with either sweet almond milk or sweet hazelnut milk. It makes such a difference to the flavour.
I also sweeten it up a little more with some date syrup, a couple of medjool dates and whatever fruit I have handy. I keep the portions the same all the time but I mix up the topping, depending on what I have to hand.
This isn’t really a recipe as such, I guess it’s more of a product review. I met John and Kathleen from Adora Farm at this year’s Dublin Vegfest and since then I’ve been mad about their products. I hadn’t been able to find whole flax seeds before so I was delighted to source them from them. They also do an amazing flax seed oil that has been cold pressed. I add this to as many meals as possible, I even give my dogs a little drizzle of it on their breakfast.
What You’ll Need: (serves 1)
- 1/2 cup of organic porridge oats
- 1 cup of sweet almond or hazelnut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of date syrup
- 1 tablespoon of flax seeds from Adora Farm
- 1 tablespoon of Iswari Super Sprout mix
- Mix the porridge oats and milk in a pot and place over a medium heat. Cook until done. You can add in the date syrup at this stage if you like or drizzle over at the end.
- Sprinkle over the seeds and fruit and that’s it.
Share and enjoy!