These pots are are so handy and I love to eat them cold the next day topped with some salad leaves and a side of hummus. They’re gluten free and packed with flavour, serving them in individual pots makes them fun for children too.
What you’ll need: (serves 4)
- 200g green lentils
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 punnet of sunblush cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon of very finely chopped rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon of tamari or soy sauce
- 600ml of veg stock
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1aubergine sliced into discs
- 1/2 cup of grated vegan parmesan from Violife
- 1/2 cup of vegan cheddar or piza cheese
- Some oil for frying
- Preheat the oven to 180°
- Heat some oil in a large pan and gently cook the onion until it has softened and is translucent. Add the lentils and give a good stir to coat them in the mix. Add the tinned and fresh tomatoes, herbs and the stock and bring to the boil. When the liquid has reduced by 1/3 lower the heat and leave to simmer for about 30 minutes, until the lentils have cooked. Add a splash of soy sauce or tamari, salt and pepper to taste and remove the bay leaves before using the ragu.
- Meanwhile coat the aubergine discs with some of the oil and bake for 4 minutes on each side, until softened.
- Layer up the pots like you would a lasagne: start with some of the ragu, top with a sprinkle of both cheeses and top with a disc of roasted aubergine. Repeat until the pots are full and cover with cheese.
- Roast the pots at 180° until heated through and the cheese has melted.
- Serve up in the pots or you can have cold the next day as a salad.
Share and enjoy!