The combination of cauliflower and corn in this recipe is delicious. The cauliflower offers substance and bite while the texture and burst of flavour offered from the corn is so moreish. Serve this dish up with a little rice or flat breads as a midweek treat that’s both healthy and tasty.
What you’ll need (serves 2):
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely diced
- Thumb sized piece of ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil
- 400g tin coconut milk
- 2 cups of cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup of sweet corn
- 1 cup of baby leaf spinach
- Salt for seasoning
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onion. Cook for about 10 minutes until it becomes translucent. Add the garlic and ginger and continue to cook for a couple more minutes.
- Add the spice mix and stir well, cook for 2 minutes to release the flavours.
- Add the coconut milk and stir well until completely melted. Then add the corn and cauliflower and cook simmer 5 minutes. If you like your veg cooked a little more, then leave to simmer until the texture of the veg is to your liking.
- When ready season to taste and add the spinach, serve when the spinach has just wilted.
Share and enjoy!