This healthy and filling brunch sets you up for the day. The avocado and mashed beans give it a really creamy texture while the toms and onion give it some bite. You could add more spinach and have this as a salad but I’ve got an unhealthy love affair with bread so I find it hard to leave it out.
What you’ll need: (serves 4)
- 1 large avocado
- 400g tin of butter beans
- 1 tomatoes, pip and pulp removed and diced
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- A handful of spinach, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of miso paste
- juice of one lemon
- 1 clove of garlic, grated
- 1 pinch of chilli powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl roughly mash the beans and add the tomato, spinach and onion.
- In a separate dish mix the apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, miso, garlic and chilli powder.
- Peel and dice the avocado and carefully fold it into the bean mix. Drizzle over the liquid and carefully mix.
- Serve straight away on some toasted bread.
Share and enjoy!