Weekends are for enjoying and starting off a Saturday morning with a delicious brunch and a hot coffee is my kinda enjoyment. A slice or two of toast topped with this recipe is more than enough to keep you going until the late afternoon.
What you’ll need: (serves 2-4)
- I large leek, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 2 slices of vegan cheese, diced
- 1/2 cup of soy cream
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the leeks, separating the strips as you let them fall into the pan. Reduce to a low heat and simmer, stirring regularly. Cook until tender.
- Add the thyme and cream and cook for a couple more minutes. Season well with salt and pepper, stir well.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese. Let it melt through.
- Serve on some toasted bread with some tea or coffee.
Share and enjoy!