These muffins are such a fun way to have beans. You can plate them with some avocado and salad and use a knife and fork to eat them but you can also so easily have them as a no-fuss stand alone dish and use your hands to eat them. They’re also a really handy way to feed your toddler as the baby can hold the muffins in their hands and munch away to their content.
I’ve used my Smokin’ Baked Beans recipe for this as I usually cook up a large batch of these and keep them in single portions in the freezer, so handy.
What you’ll need (serves 4 ):
- 4 slices of wholegrain bread
- 8 tablespoons of baked beans
- vegan butter
- Preheat the oven to 180°
- Heat the beans over a low heat.
- Cut the crusts off the bread and liberally butter the inside of a muffin tray. Using a rolling-pin flatten the bread. Carefully fold the bread into the muffin tray, manipulating it to fit the shape. Press the bread into the edges of the tray, making sure there are no gaps.
- Spoon in two tablespoons of beans into each muffin. Place the tray in the oven and bake for about 8 minutes or until the bread is golden brown. Top off with a little basil for extra flavour.
Share and enjoy!