This method of cooking an aubergine has to be one of the best as it results in a smokey flavour that’s comparable with no other. You’d think it would be a messy task but it’s not, in fact it’s a really simple thing to do. There is so much flavour from the aubergine you’ll find it hard to resist eating it as is but believe me, it’s worth holding off for this epic burger sauce.
What you’ll need:
- 1 medium aubergine
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of tahini paste
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of pomegranate molasses
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Place the aubergine directly over an open flame on a gas hob. Cook the aubergine for about 10 minutes, turning it frequently to ensure even cooking.
- When the aubergine is cooked allow it to cool down before scooping out the flesh with a spoon.
- Place all of the ingredients in a food processor and pulse. Season to taste.
Share and enjoy!