This is a five-minute meal, perfect for when you’re in a hurry. It’s more of a lunch or a snack than a dinner recipe and as it’s light and fresh it’s perfect for when you’re on the go.
What you’ll need: (serves 2)
- 2 large courgettes
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- The zest of one lemon
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- pistachio nuts (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
Method: (cook in two batches to hold the shape of the fettuccine)
- Trim the ends off the courgettes and cut them in half, length ways. Using a potato peeler carefully peel each of the halves into ribbons.
- Add some oil to a large pan and place over a medium heat. Add the garlic to the pan and cook gently for 2 minutes. Add in the lemon zest and stir around the pan. Increase the heat a little and add the fettucine and lemon juice. Toss the ingredients in the pan gently making sure the fettuccine is coated in both the garlic and lemon flavours and is warmed through.
- Heat through and plate up. Sprinkle over some toasted pistachio nuts.
Share and enjoy!