At this time of the year I like to enjoy simple foods and lots of salads. But simple shouldn’t mean lacking flavour, oh no. This beauty of a relish is one that goes well with so much and I always keep some in my freezer. I like to serve it along side some of my other freezer favourites like falafel or my sage and onion vegan sausage, but it even works on veggie burgers with large helpings of pickled gherkins.
What you’ll need:
- 3 red peppers roasted and peeled and chopped click here for info on how to prepare these. Or just buy a jar but they’re more pricey.
- 400g tine of chopped tomatoes.
- one white onion, very finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil
- Gently cook the onion in the sunflower oil until translucent.
- Stir in the paprika.
- Add in all of the other ingredients and leave to simmer for about 15 minutes or until most of the water has evaporated.
- Using a hand blender, blend the ingredients.
Share and enjoy!