Things on toast, there are endless possibilities and this sweet and savoury combo is one you’ll want more of. The peaches and maple glaze works great with vegan blue cheese to counteract that yummy sweetness and I’ve added some wild rocket leaves too for added texture and spice.
What you’ll need: (serves 4)
- 2 fully ripened peaches
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- Violife blue cheese
- 1 handful of rocket leaves
- Sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- If your peaches are nicely ripened removing the skin should be easy enough, if they are not fully ripe then blanch them for a couple of minutes in hot water, this will help loosen the skin. If fully ripe cut the peaches first in half, then half each piece again, and again. You will have 8 wedges and then remove the skin.
- Add the peaches to a bowl with the maple syrup and using your hands gently mix them making sure each wedge is nicely coated with the maple syrup.
- If you have a gas hob use a chef’s tongs and toast the bread over an open flame, this will add so much smokey flavour to the toast. If you don’t heat a griddle pan over a high heat and toast the bread on each side, set aside.
- Reduce the heat of the griddle pan to medium and carefully add the peach wedges. Be mindful of the marks the pan will make on each wedge. Placing them at an angle results in nice diagonal lines on the peaches. Cook for a couple of minutes on each side, being very careful when turning them.
- Brush the toast with some olive oil and add the peaches, blue cheese and a couple of rocket leaves to each slice.
Share and enjoy!